Сообщений в теме: 2

#1 polyglot71

polyglot71
  • Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 26 сообщений
  • Интересы:Формула 1, MLP, языки

Отправлено 24.10.2017 - 18:39

I can see that this section of the forum has been dead for some time, which seems a pity. Since it is still open for posting, I'll try to resuscitate it. Sorry if it comes a bit unwanted, but then again, maybe not...

I'll start with a brief confession - or a life story affected very strongly by languages and English in particular. We all learn it at school and then forget - I believe I would have forgotten it too, if my boyfriend hadn't given me a tape cassette to listen to. It was Queen, and it was magical - and I knew that I wanted to understand the lyrics. That was what ignited the spark inside me and made me start learning English anew.

A couple of years later I started learning Italian, just because there were about 50 Italians assembling production lines at my place of work. Later they went home, and little by little my motivation went to nil: I was young then and not as focussed as I am now;  learning two languages wasn't easy, especially after my daughter was born. But through all those years I felt ashamed of myself for giving up a very beautiful language. I'm learning it again now.

As for Chinese - I might need it for work some day. Maybe not, but I know that I'll still make use of it, one way or another. And I want more... I would like to be able to speak at least 8 languages in 5 or 6 years.

English has changed my life completely - I can't imagine it any other way. I know that other languages will change it further still. It's not just about new working opportunities, though, of course, my career would have been quite different without English. It has affected my hobbies, the way I pass my free time, the way I make friends - everything.

I would like to ask fellow language learners here if your life has been similarly affected by the languages you've learned, and if you ever regret choosing languages for a hobby instead of something else - music, for example, or photography.

#2 HappyBrain

HappyBrain
  • Уровень скромности

• Администратор
  • 19 161 сообщений

Отправлено 24.10.2017 - 19:55

mmm...Yes ! :armata_PDT_14:
sorry from my english :post-178-1102375561: I do not speak

maybe others

#3 polyglot71

polyglot71
  • Новичок

• Пользователь
  • 26 сообщений
  • Интересы:Формула 1, MLP, языки

Отправлено 25.10.2017 - 20:32

Have all the great speakers of English left this place?

That's indeed a pity :(

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 1

0 пользователей, 1 гостей, 0 скрытых пользователей